Saturday, 27 October 2012

Possible Ancillary Task

Seeing as we were unable to film today, I decided to think about our Ancillary Task.
This is another part of our coursework, where we produce either a digi pack, website or magazine article to go alongside our music video.
I was thinking a CD cover could be one of our options.
I haven't thought too much into the design, but I thought for the image on the front, this would be a good idea:
The Boyfriend character, could be holding a heart in his hand, away from his body, and inside the heart could be all the shots of the Girlfriend character from our music video.
In terms of locations, I'm not too sure where this could be shot. Though I was thinking, perhaps he could be holding the heart over the lake in Needham Market.
This would relate to our music video really, really well; not only the location, but also with the narrative.

The reason behind the image, symbolises the Boyfriend character discarding their relationship and her feelings by cheating on her.

Another idea I had for the back/inside of the CD cover, could be a close-up shot of the heart that has all the images of the Girlfriend character on it; and the Boyfriend character could be tearing it up.
I thought this would be more appropriate for the inside cover, so that the back of the CD cover could be the pieces of the heart all torn up and floating in the lake.
The whole CD all together indicates the narrative of our music video; the cheating, where he discards of his feelings for his girlfriend, the image of him tearing the heart will indicate the pain he inflicts on his girlfriend and the final image will indicate the break-up with all the images torn up.

None of this stuff is definite, it's just a few ideas I have. If we do go with this idea though, I think we will need to discuss it further, as I think the ideas for the front and the inside of the CD cover, could be swapped. We will just need to do some more planning!
During the half term, I will draw some pictures of what I am thinking and I will upload them to the blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Good to see that you are thinking ahead. I will be talking in detail about the ancillary text when we get back to school.

    ReplyDelete