Monday, 1 October 2012

Directors Study - Francis Lawrence



Directors Study - Francis Lawrence
 
Francis Lawrence was born March 26th 1970, in Vienna, Austria. At age 3 he moved to Los Angeles and is now a music, video, film and television director and producer. He is famous because of his imaginative, original music video scripts. At a young age he worked as 2nd assistant cameraman on ‘Pump Up the Volume’, and this was before he even got himself a bachelors degree in film production, after attending Loyola Marymount University. The first thing he did was work on ‘Marching out of Time’ as first AD.


Lawrence’s first music video was for Michael Blakey (president of Atico Records), it was ‘Tidal Force - A Man Rides Through’. Lawrence has worked with artists from Green Day to Lady Gaga, for whom he received a Grammy for Best Music Video- Short Form for the track ‘Bad Romance’. As well, he has filmed commercials for companies from Disneyland to Calvin Klein and  has directed films such as I am Legend and Water for Elephants. Francis Lawrence is known as a ‘visual story teller’, as everything he does is so dramatic, including the very controversial music video he created for ‘Britney Spears - I’m A Slave 4 U’.

I am Legend


I'm a Slave 4 U.


No comments:

Post a Comment