In today's lesson Amy and I listed to the actual track of 'The Fray - How To Save A Life', we went through a verse by verse and made decisions on what would happen on that part of our video so we can soon start storyboarding. It was harder than we thought to pick exact shots, because the chorus repeats so many time, and our ideas can't really be repeated. So here is what we have done so far!
Piano – The boy sitting
looking sad, (waiting room, someone walking by casting shadows) in living room
at table.
"Step one you say we need
to talk,
He walks you say sit down
it's just a talk" - The girl is in her room singing, it then cuts to the boy being sat down by his parents (or a doctor, depends) and being told about his girlfriend killing herself.
"He smiles politely back
at you" – An extreme close up of the girl’s lips smiling.
"You stare politely right
on through" – The boy looking sad.
"Some sort of window to
your right,
As he goes left and you
stay right,
Between the lines of fear
and blame" – The boy looks to the window, and in the window he sees a clip of them kissing and
then a sudden flash of her dead.
"And you begin to wonder
why you came" – The boy just gets up and leaves.
"Where did I go wrong, I
lost a friend,
Somewhere along in the
bitterness" – The boy walking down the street and he sees a broken bottle on the floor, the camera then cuts to
him drinking at a party with friends.
"And I would have stayed
up with you all night,
Had I known how to save a
life" – The boy out drinking with his friends at a party, and then the girl crying laying in her bed,
cutting herself (relates to broken glass).
"Let him know that you
know best,
Cause after all you do
know best
Try to slip past his defence,
Without granting
innocence" - Flashbacks of them together at a wall, being normal, happy, like
laughing and kissing.
"Lay down a list of what
is wrong,
The things you've told
him all along" – The girl walks away, (split screen) we then see him still being
happy, but she is crying and shouting.
"And pray to God, he hears
you,
And pray to God, he hears
you" – Little flash of the girl hanging, then the camera goes back to her, upset.
"Where did I go wrong, I
lost a friend,
Somewhere along in the
bitterness" – The boy sees an old couple, one in wheelchair, they look really happy.
"And I would have stayed
up with you all night,
Had I known how to save a
life" – He then sees a couple arguing, and remembers her upset.
Piano – Flashback of him
with a bunch of girls, ignoring her.
"As he begins to raise his
voice,
You lower yours and grant
him one last choice" - The boy walks into her room, happy, he sees her cutting, and then
he is mad at her.
"Drive until you lose the
road,
Or break with the ones
you've followed" – The girl reacts by dropping to her knees, and giving in.
"He will do one of two
things,
He will admit to
everything" – They are talking on her bed, (She’s telling him everything that’s wrong).
"Or he'll say he's just
not the same" – He is shaking his head at her.
"And you begin to wonder
why you came" – The boy gets up really quickly right at the end of verse, and walks out.
"Where did I go wrong, I
lost a friend,
Somewhere along in the
bitterness
And I would have stayed
up with you all night
Had I known how to save a
life"
"Where did I go wrong, I
lost a friend
Somewhere along in the
bitterness
And I would have stayed
up with you all night
Had I known how to save a
life" - We see a montage of flashbacks, with cuts to the boy being angry and walking home.
Flashbacks are of him remembering them together, and he realizes how depressed
she was. At end, he sees her blood on him.
Piano, How to save a
life x2 – The boy is trying to scrub blood off hands panicking, whilst cutting with her shots of her about to kill herself. At the end of the piano playing she jumps to hang herself, then there is a sharp close up of the rope being pulled. (All done in slow motion)
"Where did I go wrong, I
lost a friend" – Camera cuts back to the boy in current time, he is really upset about walking out on her.
"Somewhere along in the
bitterness,
And I would have stayed
up with you all night,
Had I known how to save a
life" – There is constant cutting between the girl in a dark room crying and shouting at the
camera (like she is trapped), and the boy showing how he is now really upset and worrying.
"Where did I go wrong, I
lost a friend,
Somewhere along in the
bitterness,
And I would have stayed
up with you all night,
Had I known how to save a
life"
Piano, How to save a life
x2 – A montage of short clips of them together, really happy, laughing and messing around. Right at the end the boy just sitting and staring sadly.
No comments:
Post a Comment