This is a concept and performance music video. As you see The Fray performing, you also I think, see many different people going through all the different stages of grief.
The video does conform to a few of Goodwin's Seven as there are many close-ups of Isaac Slade (the lead singer) which shows the record label's demand for this. There are also often a slight relationship between the lyrics and visuals. For example, at the beginning, in the first line "step one..." the word one appears across the screen.
I think this video has been colour manipulated; to make everything appear more grey, which makes it fit in very well with the feel of the video. This is something I think we could do with our video as it is very effective as it makes the audience feel very sad - which is probably how we will want our audience to feel.
Additionally, the whiteness of the video gives it quite a 'hospital-like' feel which really fits in with the lyrics; which again relates back to the relationship between lyrics and visuals. Although I don't know if this was intentional; it may just be my own personal opinion.
Overall, I think it is a very successful video, as it makes the audience feel very sad and makes you think a lot if you have ever been through the grieving stages. I also really, really like the whole concept of it; and I think all the close-ups of all the different people and the words that come across the screen are very hard-hitting but I think it works as by the end of the video, everyone is happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment