Today I explained to my parents what mise en scene was and I asked them what they thought would be best for the Girlfriend character in our music video. They thought both ideas were appropriate (a red top and to be dressed up) and agreed that a mixture of both would not only connote the characters love and hope for her boyfriend and their relationship; but also they thought it would make the opening sequence more effective; seeing that she's tried to dress to impress her boyfriend, and then they thought the audience would feel more empathy when they realised he had cheated on her.
Tomorrow, after we have filmed, I will upload pictures of the Boyfriends character and the Girlfriends characters final present day costumes! :)
Additionally, obviously due to weather conditions, both of our characters will have to be dressed in coats, although we will try to keep it as effective as possible; connoting the intended meanings.
No comments:
Post a Comment