I thought it would be easier to assign the shots to the lyric that they are played against, so I've designed the shot list like this:
Intro - 4s close-up shot of boy doing hair; looking sad
Intro - 3s mid/close-up shot of girl getting ready in mirror; looking happy/hopeful
Intro - 3s mid/long shot of boy closing door and leaving house; looking sad
Intro - 3/4s tracking mid/close-up shot of girl walking away from house; looking happy/hopeful
Intro - 3/4s extreme close-up shot of boys side profile whilst walking; looking sad
Intro - 3/4s close up shot of girl walking; looking happy/hopeful
Intro - 4s long/mid shot of boy and girl meeting at bench; boy sad, girl happy
Intro - 3s close-up of boy walking over to sit on bench; looking sad
Intro - 3s close-up shot of girl reacting to boy, looks happy then confused when she see's his face
Wait, - 1s extreme close-up shot of girls face; looking very sad; lip-synchs the first line 'Wait'
Where you say you been? - long/ mid shot; high angle of boy entering house with another girl
Who you been with? - close-up shot of other girl
Where you say you're going? - mid/long shot of boy and girl in bedroom
Who you goin' with? - mid shot of boy and girl getting into bed together
Keep me on my toes, keep me in the know - camera pans up from them in bed together and back to couple on bench
Wait, keep me in your skin - mid/long shot of couple on bench, girl very upset; crying, boy tense
Keep me in your chest - mid two shot of couple, boy goes to touch her heart
I'll wait for it to start - extreme/close-up boy strokes girls face/tear away and girl brushes him off
I'll wait for it to end - mid-long shot, camera moves in closer, girl pushes him off and walks away
Keep me on my toes - long/mid tracking shot, girl runs off
Keep me in the know... But when I looked at her, close-up reaction shot of boys sad face, camera moves in closer, focusing in on his eyes
But when I looked at her, - camera moves back to close-up; now he's in room with girl (same shot, just different location) camera moves back to mid shot; boy doing shirt up sitting on the edge of the bed
I thought of only you - mid shot of girl putting her arms around boys neck
If only there was proof I, - mid/long shot, boy turns to kiss girl
Could use to show it's true - close-up, when he kisses girl it is now his girlfriend
We were young - another shot of them kissing, but now they are younger (flashback)
We were in our teens - lots of camera movement, shows the fun they are having, lots of shots of them having fun, him picking her up over his shoulder etc
It wasn't real love - close-up shot of boy laughing on phone
Spent behind bars - close-up shot of girl laughing on other end of the phone
Oh it's sad to think -
We just let it be -
Prisoners of love - shot of girl
It's so easy for it to be, - close-up shot of girl (present day) crying, holding necklace
Something second guessed - extreme close-up of necklace
Easy to read - mid/long shot of boy giving girl present, girl opening it happily (flashback)
A meaningless routine - mid shot of boy putting necklace on girl
It's meaningless to me - (present time) girl throws necklace on ground
But when I looked at her I thought of only you - mid shot of girl imagining the other girl pulling her boyfriend into bed
If only there was proof, - close-up shot of girl looking sad, shaking her head and walking out of frame (present day)
I could use to show it's true - mid/long reaction shot of boy at bench, looking at his girlfriend walking further away, starts to run after her
Just crash, - close-up/long shot, girl in foreground crying, boy in background running after her
Fall down - close-up/mid shot of girl falling and breaking down into tears; crouching on floor
I'll wrap my arms around you now - close-up/mid shot of boy wrapping his arms around the girl
Just crash, it's our turn now - close-up shot of couple in passionate embrace
To make this work second time around - different shot of them in embrace
We grew up - flashback of boy ignoring her in town/house
We worked and changed our ways - close-up reaction shot of girl looking upset
Just like wildfire - boy and girl arguing
Been burning now for days - different shot of them arguing
Tearing down those walls - boy starts to leave
Nothings in our way - girl tries to pull him back
I said nothings in our way - boy shakes her off
And I know - close- up shot of boy on phone
I've said this all before, - boy walks looking mad
But opposites attract - meets other girl, boy enters frame
We try and run away - walks with other girl
But end up running back - arrive at house with other girl
And all I want to do, - see him going into house
All I want to do, - see him going into bedroom
Is lie down, and... - see him just about to lie down with other girl in bed
Crash, fall down - (present day) girlfriend pushes him away, can't get over what's happened
I'll wrap my arms around you now - tries to pull her back, but she resists
Just crash, it's our turn now - two shot, girl walks out away and out of frame
To make it work second time around - long shot with girl in foreground, walking away and boy helpless and stood in background
Ohhh, crash, fall down - close-up reaction shot of boy (maybe crying), challenging stereotype
Just crash, fall down x3 - third 'fall down' may/may not be included, may be used in next shot montage of happy together (flashbacks), cut with them present, unhappy, walking away from each other and looking back at each other
Fall down?/music - mid shot split screen both sad and on separate benches
No comments:
Post a Comment